Position title: Assistant Professor (CHS)
Phone: (608) 262-5922
600 Highland Ave
Madison, WI 53792-8550
- L5/178 CSC
Women’s cancer diagnosis and surveillance, including screening program implementation, device development, and diagnostic test validation in low resource settings, such as cervical cancer detection in traditionally underserved populations with a focus on Human Papillomavirus and cervical cytology.
Breast and gynecologic pathology
- Fitzpatrick MB, Rendi MH, Kiviat NB, Toure P, Dem A, Sow PS, Hawes SE, Feng Q, Allison KH. “Pathology of Senegalese breast cancers.” Pan Afr Med J. 2019 Oct 2;34:67. doi: 10.11604/pamj.2019.34.67.17993.
- Fitzpatrick MB, Thakor AS. Advances in Precision Health and Emerging Diagnostics for Women. J Clin Med. 2019 Sep 23;8(10) DOI: 10.3390/jcm8101525
- Fitzpatrick MB, El-Khatib Z, Katzenstein D, Pinsky BA, Chirenje ZM, McCarty K. “Community-based self-collected human papillomavirus screening in rural Zimbabwe”. BMC Public Health. 2019; 19(Suppl 1): 603. Published online 2019 May 29. doi: 10.1186/s12889-019-6810-5.
- Fitzpatrick M, Mandishora R, Katzenstein D, McCarty K, Weber J, Sahoo MK, Manasa J, Chirenje ZM, Pinsky, BA. “hrHPV prevalence and type distribution in rural Zimbabwe: A community-based self-collection study using near-point-of-care GeneXpert HPV testing”. Int J Infect Dis. 2019 May; 82: 21–29. Published online 2019 Feb 23. doi: 10.1016/j.ijid.2019.02.022
- Fitzpatrick M, Chirenje ZM, Katzenstein D, Pinsky BP, McCarty KM. “Community-Based Self-Collected Human Papillomavirus Screening in Rural Zimbabwe.” BMC Special Edition on Integration of Sexual and Reproductive Health in Sub-Saharan Africa. BMC Public Health. 2019 May 29;19(Suppl 1):603. doi: 10.1186/s12889-019-6810-5.