The University of Wisconsin-Madison is recruiting a molecular hematopathologist on a non-tenure track. Qualifications include:
- MD, MD/PhD, or DO (required)
- Board certification in AP, CP, or AP/CP (required)
- Fellowship training in hematopathology or at least three years prior experience in hematopathology at an academic medical center (required)
- Eligible for unrestricted State of Wisconsin Medical License
- Molecular diagnostics training is strongly preferred
The Hematopathology division supports a busy adult and pediatric hematology/oncology service including adult and pediatric autologous and allogeneic bone marrow transplant and immunotherapy programs. The successful candidate will be part of the diagnostic hematopathology team and potentially part of the larger molecular diagnostics service (including interpretation of in-house Next-Generation Sequencing).
The Hematopathology division is responsible for review of all hematologic related pathology specimens, including peripheral smears, bone marrows (1500/year), lymph node/tissue biopsies (500/year), leukemia/lymphoma workups by flow cytometry (1000/year) as well as review of outside materials from patients referred to the University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center (at least 300/year).
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the missions of the department via active participation in the research and teaching programs, training of residents, fellows and medical students, mentoring of trainees and participation in continuing medical education programs. For advanced applicants, there are opportunities for divisional and laboratory leadership. There is an active Hematopathology Fellowship program and an established Translational Research Laboratory within the department which is also available for academic endeavors.
For complete details and to apply, go to https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/517537/molecular-hematopathologist. Click on the “Apply Now” button and submit the following:
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A cover letter referencing PVL 274796
- Contact information for at least three (3) references
UW-Madison is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background.